WARRANTY & REFUND POLICY : 12 Month return to base warranty for all manufacturing defects * T&C Applies/
If an issue arises soon after your purchase, our first step of action is to see if your issue is something that is stated in our fine prints or a fault. If we find it is a fault we will do a full warranty inspection to resolve the issue normally within 5 working days unless otherwise agreed of receiving the returned product. Below is our policy on refunds and returns.
A refund is only given within warranty period if;
- We cannot resolve or fix a manufacturing defect
- The product is not as described as per our product page fine prints
- Tracker and packaging is in original condition and has not been used or tried on any dog, cat or animal.
- Item is also returned back to us within 14 days of the customer receiving the product and in original condition.
*Testing the device without fitting onto your dog or cat's collar etc is fine, basically the device should not have any trace
of your dog or cat's scent and/or fur/hair as we cannot re-sell the item to another pet owner due to sensitivity issues.
We have a strict refund policy so please read and check the fine prints of the products in the description page and make sure you understand/agree on the points below before you make your order.
Refunds cannot be approved once our Petrek devices has been used, attached or fitted onto your pet's collar unless it's as per points 1, 2 and 3 above.
- Please double check sizing and weight in our fine prints, we can still provide a refund if you find the tracker too big, small, heavy or light as long as it has not been used and packaging is in original order and condition.
- Check that the Vodafone/GPS coverage of your address/area of where the tracker will be used is sufficient. Please test first before attaching onto your dog or cat's collar.
Make sure you have read the battery life expectations of each product and their modes. Too many times have we had users "Expect" a longer battery life without reading our fine prints on battery life before ordering. If the battery life on your device seems to be less than what we have stated then this could be a manufacturing defect, please send it back to us for a full warranty inspection.
Inaccurate readings/updates will occur from being indoor or when the tracker is in the same spot for long periods stuck between the animal's neck and the ground/building/fence/objects etc. This is well documented in the fine prints and Q&A as an characteristic of a common small form real time GPS Tracker. Trackers work best when "on the move" and "in the open"
- Geo-fencing false alarms will trigger from time to time due to the inaccurate updates as explained above. Our online guides explains how to minimise false alarms and check signal strengths before determining each update's accuracy. This is vital for Petrek users or users of any small form GPS tracking products to understand.
The reason we have this strict policy is to protect the company from getting used trackers returned by customers which have been tried on or have been used on their pets.
Once a tracker has been tried on or used, the pet's scents will normally stay on the tracker and the accessories disallowing us to re-sell the unit to another pet owner. This is because in the past we've had more sensitive pets react to this.
We have noted all criteria, conditions and features of our products including a F.A.Q section. So it is your responsibility to make sure the purchase(s) suit your requirements and meets your requirements to work. Please make sure you have measured the dimensions of all products. Dimensions of our product is noted in each product page.
If the goods arrive faulty or not as described you must notify us within 7 days with proof of purchase. Once we receive the item(s), we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act to provide a remedy within 14 days, provided the item(s) is under original and warranty conditions. No refunds will be given unless there is a fault with the hardware that we cannot remedy.
None of our trackers are covered under warranty should there be any water damage, This is because while the trackers are water proof they are only water proof to a certain level and time spent in the water. So make sure the trackers are used within their limits.
Accuracy and updates on all Petrek and PetFinder products depends on signals and surroundings. If there is a lack of signal in your area that is not classified as a hardware or manufacturing defect.
The same terms will apply for all Pre-order sales and a refund will only be given if the product does not arrive within the agreed dates.
We reserve the right to make changes to our policies from time to time with or without any notification.
Opens external website in a new window.
Opens in a new window.
Opens external website.
Contact - Petrek - Checkout